American Council for Polish Culture
Marcella Kochańska Sembrich
Vocal Competition 2014
The $2,000 prize is given to support the career development of a young singer of Polish descent.
Application deadline: April 15, 2014
Application fee: None
Application Form Location:
1. Contestant must be of Polish descent, a United States citizen or a permanent resident, and not under professional management.
2. The competition is open to men or women up to the age of 35, who are pursuing higher education in voice, or in early stages of their vocal career.
1. Each contestant must submit a completed application form with required enclosures.
2. Each contestant must submit four (4) copies of a DVD or CD recording of his/her singing with accompaniment.
3. The recording should be approximately 30 minutes, and consist of arias and art songs, including selections in several languages including Polish. The DVD/CD must be labeled with the applicant’s name and the selections performed.
4. Sketch of family tree demonstrating Polish heritage.
5. The winner must be available to perform a full recital at the 2014 national convention of the American Council of Polish Culture (ACPC) in Buffalo, New York, at a date TBD in July/August of 2014. The recital must include several Polish arias or art songs.
6. The ACPC will provide for the winner two (2) night’s accommodation and reasonable travel expenses.
7. Applications with enclosures must be received by April 15, 2014.
8. Consideration will be given to applicants who include selections from the roles performed by Marcella Kochańska Sembrich (female voices), and the roles of her partners (male voices).
Edyta Kulczak will be among the judges. This Polish-born mezzo-soprano is a frequent performer with the Metropolitan Opera, with a very prolific repertoire in many operas.
Send application and enclosures to:
Dr. Wanda O’Brien-Trefil, Chair
Marcella Kochańska Sembrich Vocal Competition
9413 Old Reserve Way
Fairfax, VA 22031
Additional information: email@example.com