On July 10th 2017 Young Artists Program, created by the Opera-Symphonic Laboratory New Opera World starts in Moscow. Don’t miss this unique opportunity to join our challenging 4-weeks intensive program; APPLY TODAY!
We combine performance practice and intensive training. The program offers the best Russian and European coaches, tutors and other specialists, who have all been invited to Moscow capital for this purpose. This year, Olga Kapanina (casting-director of the Bolshoi Theatre), Robert Koerner (casting director of the Opéra National de Lyon), Stephen Lorenzo Cremer (conductor, collabotated with Staatstheater, Hannover; Teatro del Liceo, Bayerische Staatsoper) join our international team of highest-skilled professionals.
We are calling vocalists, instrumentalists and accompanists. Come and participate in two bright productions fully staged (with stage scenery, costumes etc.) and accompanied by our full live orchestra. All performances will be held in one of the most prestigious stages of Moscow city – Pokrovsky's Opera Theatre.
• Offers young artists the opportunity to acquire a unique experience in the productions of the great Russian and Italian operas (with the full orchestra)
• Combines intensive courses with the performing practice in the same place at the same time
• Invites the best russian and european coaches, vocal teachers, conductors and directors in order to perfect your skills
• Prepares for you the theatrical stage, where you will perform in the professional opera Production with the orchestra, scenery, lights, costumes – unique offer which you can’t acquire from any educational institution
• Applauses of the experienced audience, extensive media coverage, positive reviews, that will be helpful in your promotion, simultaneous audition for the renowned casting-directors, getting valuable pieces of advice from agents and casting directors – all of that is provided by your participation in our Summer Festival!
• Apart from that, all theatrical performances will be recorded on video and given to participants as a professional report on their orchestra work on the stage
• Bright professional CV, new contacts, letters of recommendation, and the most important – plunge into the atmosphere of a professional theatre and unforgettable experience of working on professional stage
How to apply for participation:
Please submit the following by e-mail email@example.com
Deadline: April 30, 2017.
1. CV (for all)
2. Operatic part you would like to perform (only for vocalists)
(you may choose a part from both of represented operas, i.e. the parts from "Eugene Onegin", "Le Nozze di Figaro" are available for your consideration)
3. Video link for vocalists
You should send 2 contrast arias by your choice written in 2 different languages.
We accept both professional and amateur videos (video taken in a class, or on stage, or at home). But it has to be accompanied by the live instrument.
Aria or romance in Russian language is welcome. Aria from the operatic part you are applying for is also welcome.
3a. Video link for instrumentalists and accompanists:
You should send references to the video-records of the 2 contrast pieces.
In the subject line of the e-mail please indicate “Vocalist" or "Instrumentalist" or "Accompanist”
Programme for vocalists
• Preparing of chosen operatic part from Tchaikovsky’s Eugene Onegin or Mozart’s Le nozze di Figaro for the staging. For a month, you will daily participate in the staging of one of the great operas mentioned above. The conductor, orchestra, coaches and vocal teachers will all participate. At the end of the intensive work, you will take part in a colourful premiere at one of the famous Moscow stages. Journalists, musicologists and music experts will all be invited.
• Studying Russian chamber music with famous Russian romance performers (master classes). At the end of the study, there will be a solo performance devoted to the Russian romance (Tchaikovsky, Rachmaninov).
• Working on vocal technique with the stars from the Bolshoi Theatre (private lessons).
• Working on the Russian pronunciation during the rehearsals of the Eugene Onegin opera and romances (coaching, individually for participant).Individual work with the director on acting skills based on Stanislavsky technique.
• Participation in professional theatrical rehearsals. The staging will involve stage designers, costume designers, makeup artists and light & sound artists. Therefore, participants will receive experience with all members of the professional theatrical team.
• Master - class titled "How to represent yourself to an agent to get an exclusive contract". Agents and casting directors from the best Russian and European theatres are invited. You will be able to ask all your questions in person.
• Auditions for the European and Russian agents.
• City excursions to the most remarkable sights of Moscow
Programme for instrumentalists
• Unique experience of studying and performing of the Russian operatic repertoire under the guidance of the renowned Russian conductor, within the best traditions of Russian conducting school
• Thorough studying of the score of “Le nozze di Figaro” with the Italian conductor
• Opportunity of your performing at the prestigious Moscow stage of the Chamber Musical Opera Theatre named after B.Pokrovsky, where all the Premieres will be held
• Master-class presented by Haik Kazazyan (violin)
• Master-class presented by Igor Fedorov (clarinet)
• Acquisition of the new professional contacts and the business connections
• Letters of recommendation from our conductors
• Certificate of passing the Internship
• Accommodation in the center of Moscow
• and the most important – unforgettable impressions of the communication with the like-minded people and the teamwork with the high level professionals!
Programme for accompanists:
• Passing the Internship under the guidance of the leading pianists (accompanists) of the project
• Practical work with the opera conductors (S.L.Kremer, А.Vereshchagin)
• Practical work with the singers (soloists and artists of choir)
• Practical work during the lessons with the coaches from Bolshoi Theatre
• Practical work at the performances with the stage directors
• Master-class presented by Yuri Rozum (piano)
• Practice at master-classes by the casting-directors for the vocalists
• Video-record for your professional Portfolio
• Letters of recommendation from accompanists, conductors, stage directors
• Certificate of passing the Internship
Stephen Lorenzo Cremer – Staatstheater, Hannover; Teatro del Liceo, Barcelona; Bayerische Staatsoper, Munich
Alexei Vereshchagin – Moscow Chamber opera theatre named after Boris Pokrovsky
Olga Kapanina – director, casting-director of the Bolshoi Theatre
Robert Koerner – casting-director of Opéra National de Lyon (France)
Vyacheslav Starodubtsev - Moscow Helikon Opera, Mikhailovsky Theatre, Novosibirsk Opera and Ballet Theatre
Sergei Morozov – Moscow Theatre Novaya Opera, Perm Opera and Ballet Theatre, Voronezh Theatre, MMT“On Basmannaya”
Elena Zelenskaya – Soprano, People's Artist of Russia, leading soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre, teacher in Gnessin Russian Academy of Music
Emma Sarkissyan – Mezzo-Soprano, People's Artist of Russia, soloist of the Bolshoi Theatre, soloist of Moscow Theatre Novaya Opera, professor of the Russian Academy of Theatre Arts (GITIS)