Don't miss your chance to be heard by the absolute biggest names in the industry, in what is one of the most esteemed judging and advisory panels ever assembled! The Premiere Opera Foundation's International Vocal Competition & Masterclasses, in it's second year, is a world class opportunity that will distribute over $25K in prizes and awards, offer unparalleled Masterclasses, a private audition held at Teatro alla Scala in Milan, Italy, an all expense paid Italian opera and Italian language study in Italy, and more!
We at the Foundation are dedicated to the promotion and preservation of the operatic art form through discovering, honoring, and nurturing the most promising, up and coming opera singers in the world today, by enhancing their careers through financial, educational, and ongoing advisory and educational support.
We would be honored if you would apply.
and for even more detailed info, click here:https://www.premiereoperafoundation.org/2018-app-dates/
Applying early is strongly recommended - Deadline is November 10th!
World Class Judging Panel:
- M° RICHARD BONYNGE, CBE - PRESIDENT OF THE JURY - Conductor - Metropolitan Opera, Royal Opera House, Opera Australia, Decca Recording Artist
- KEN BENSON - Artist Manager/Consultant - Ken Benson Artists, Juilliard School, former VP Columbia Artists
- BEATRICE BENZI - Vocal Coach/Accompanist - Teatro alla Scala di Milano, Institute for Young Dramatic Voices
- DANIEL BIAGGI* General Director/Consultant - Palm Beach Opera, Opera America, Metropolitan Opera Guild, Manhattan School of Music, Mannes College of Music
- MARIO CORRADI - Opera Director - Torre del Lago Festival, Michigan Opera Theater, University of Notre Dame, Yale University, Catholic University of Milan
- BARBARA FRITTOLI - Soprano - Metropolitan Opera, Teatro alla Scala di Milano, Royal Opera House, Vienna Staatsoper
- WA WA HAO - Tenor/Consultant - China Forbidden City Hong Hua Culture Ltd, Premiere Opera Foundation
- CATHERINE MALFITANO* - Soprano/Voice Teacher - Metropolitan Opera, Chicago Lyric Opera, Bayerische Staatsoper, Manhattan School of Music
- ERIC MARGIORE - Tenor/Founder - San Francisco Opera, Canadian Opera Company, Deutsche Oper am Rhein, Premiere Opera Foundation
- JACK MASTROIANNI - Artists Manager/Consultant - IMG Artists, George Solti Accademia, former VP Columbia Artists
- GERALD MARTIN MOORE* - Voice Teacher/Consultant - Curtis Institute of Music, Glyndebourne Festival Opera, Royal Scottish Academy of Music and Drama, Decca Records
- M° CONSTANTINE ORBELIAN - Conductor - Moscow Chamber Orchestra, Moscow Philharmonic, Yerevan Opera House
- GIOVANNI PASOTTO - Managing Director/Consultant - Centro Studi Italiani, Premiere Opera Foundation
- JOAN PATENAUDE-YARNELL - Soprano/Voice Teacher - San Francisco Opera, Canadian Opera Company, New York City Opera, Curtis Institute of Music, Manhattan School of Music
- M° EVE QUELER - Conductor - Artistic Director Emeritus Opera Orchestra of New York
- LENORE ROSENBERG - Music Administrator - Spoleto Festival USA, former Associate Artistic Administrator Metropolitan Opera
*Denotes Judge for Finals Only. More jury and advisory board details on our website.
The Premiere Opera International Vocal Competition will grant over $25,000 in prizes, awards, and unparalleled opportunities
- Ed Rosen Memorial Grand Prize $5,000
- Dmitri Hvorostovsky Memorial Career Grant $3,500
- Teatro alla Scala Audition Prize
- Second Prize $2,500
- Third Prize $1,500
- Audience Favorite $1,000
- Dr. David DiChiera Encouragement Grants (3) $1,000 prizes
- Daniel Biaggi/Palm Beach Opera Career Consultation Prizes (5) awards
- Premiere Artists Management Career Consultation Prizes (5) awards
- Centro Studi Italiani/Premiere Opera International Vocal Arts Institute & Opera Festival Study Grant
More detailed prize information on our website.
All applicants will also be considered for paid concerts, recitals & masterclasses worldwide.
Feedback from judges upon request and as available, after the competition is completed.
Thank you and we hope to hear from you!