Last Chance to apply for Pittsburgh Opera’s 2017-2018 Resident Artist Program Auditions!!
All voice parts encouraged to apply! Application Deadline is October 14!
Pittsburgh Opera’s Resident Artist Program has long been hailed as one of the country's leading training programs for emerging opera artists. While providing guidance from the opera industry’s leaders and innovators, the program guides singers through the development of their vocal skills, improvement of their stage presence and expansion of their repertoire.
Resident Artist opportunities may include:
• Perform principal and/or comprimario roles in mainstage productions
• Cover principal roles
• Perform auditions for artist managers and opera companies
• Perform art song recitals
• Perform principal roles in fully-staged Resident Artist productions
• Perform throughout the region to promote Pittsburgh Opera
• Receive individual coaching from Opera music staff; participate in master classes
• Concerts with Pittsburgh Symphony, Chatham Baroque, Erie Philharmonic
Resident Artists also receive:
• A weekly stipend
• Assistance with travel expenses
• AGMA rates for mainstage roles
• Assistance toward a demo recording
Application Deadline is October 14!!
2017-2018 Audition Information can be found at http://www.pittsburghopera.org/resident-artists/auditions/