Music Academy International - 20th Anniversary Season
Set in the beautiful Italian Dolomites, MAI is the Premiere Young Artist Training & Performance Program in Europe today. Distinguished from other YAP by the quality of opportunities it provides its participants, MAI Young Artists sing leading and supporting roles in main stage productions with the MAI Festival Orchestra and work with world-class faculty artists. The focus is on professional development and ‘training through performance’.
THE FINEST FACULTY OF ANY YAP – PERIOD!!! – The level of success of any YAP lies in their faculty. MAI provides an exceptional faculty including conductors, directors, voice teachers, and vocal coaches from the Metropolitan Opera, Dutch National Opera, English National Opera, Opéra National de Paris, Washington National Opera, Opera Theatre of St. Louis, leading conservatories, the Broadway Stage, and Piper Artists Management, an internationally recognized management and production firm.
Faculty Artists Include:
· Mitchell Piper, Executive Director – Piper Artists Management
· Robin Blauers Piper, Artistic & Stage Director – Piper Artists Management
· J. David Jackson, Music Director – Metropolitan Opera
· Christopher Larkin, Conductor –Houston Grand Opera
· Neal Goren, Conductor – Mannes School of Music
· Tim Ribchester, Conductor – AVA, Cape Town Opera
· David Gately, Stage Director – AVA, Washington National Opera
· Jeanne-Michèle Charbonnet, Master Teacher - Opéra National de Paris
· Jane Robinson, Vocal Coach – English National Opera
· Peter Nilsson, Vocal Coach – Dutch National Opera Academy
· Lachlan Glen, Vocal Coach – Opera Theatre of St. Louis
· Vince DeGeorge, Performance Workshops – College Conservatory of Music (CCM)
· Linda Goodrich, Performance Workshops – University of Michigan
· Robert Meffe, Performance Workshops – Broadway Conductor
Training and Performance Opportunities Include:
· Productions Include: Rusalka, Hänsel und Gretel, Die Zauberflöte, Poppea
· Master Classes, Vocal Coaching, Musical & Staging Rehearsals
· Daily Performance Classes
· Professional Industry Workshops
· Artist Management Auditions
Attractions & Sightseeing – Situated in the spectacular Primiero Valley, MAI offers the unique opportunity to train, perform, and explore in one of Italy’s most beautiful regions. Offering a full schedule of cultural and recreational opportunities, whether walking along the romantic canals of Venice, or visiting the historic Arena di Verona, to hiking and water canyoning in the Dolomites – MAI promises to provide lifelong memories.
· Venice – Verona – Lake Garda and more!!!
· Hiking and Biking in the Dolomites.
· Giuseppe Verdi’s Aida in the Arena di Verona; 300 singers, actors, live camels! A musical extravaganza!
· San Martino di Castrozza, the oldest skiing resort in the Alpine region.
· Water Canyoning in Val Noana with renowned Alpine guides.
· Live and Video Auditions – Application Deadline March 31, 2020.
· Early auditions encouraged for best casting opportunities.
· Applications available through YAP Tracker.
· NEW LOW TUITION (including housing) - $3,995