iSING! International Young Artists Festival is the first-ever festival dedicated to the vocal arts in China.
Founded six years ago with a mission to introduce Mandarin as a lyric language, and Chinese vocal music as an emerging genre in the mainstream music world, iSING! offers a unique opportunity for Western singers to explore the new and exciting opera scene in China. Since its launch in 2011, this pioneering program has attracted major media coverage such as the BBC, MSNBC, Associated Press, New York Times and the TIMES magazine.
The 2017 iSING! Festival will present Puccini’s Gianni Schicchi and classic operatic scenes from the contemporary Chinese operatic literature – a brand new initiative for the program, and will audition with specific casting needs in mind.
A one-of-a-kind international opera experience, iSING! offers:
• The only international opera training program in Asia for young vocalists to work with renowned professionals from opera houses worldwide including the Metropolitan Opera, Teatro alla Scala, Bavarian State Opera, Opera Australia and China’s National Centre for the Performing Arts
• World-class curriculum in all the essential operatic skills
• Once in a life-time immersion in an “East meets West” cultural exchange with opera singers from all parts of the world
• Exposure to the growing modern Chinese opera scene and study of Mandarin as a lyric language
• Series of four orchestral concerts in state-of-the-art theaters in Suzhou, Nanjing and Beijing
• Full-scholarship program, including room and board and offering financial aid for international air travel
Designed for graduate-level and pre-professional singers, the program is open to all nationalities. No prior knowledge of Mandarin is necessary.