The Century Opera Competition is established in 2021, our aims to promote classical music by providing young singers from various countries opportunities to study with internationally renowned artists, educators and performers in its short-term intensive programs, including individual coachings, lessons, seminars, and masterclasses that give participants hands-on experience with some of today's leading masters and advance one’s performance to the next level; and by hosting competitions and concerts to discover talents and offer young musicians showcasing opportunities at world-class performance venues, including Lincoln Center, Carnegie Hall, DiMenna Center, Liederkranz Club, National Opera Center, and Steinway Hall, while enjoying New York City.
1. APPLICATION: Complete application includes the application form and a non-refundable application fee of US$50 via PayPal @email@example.com.
Competition time slots are limited.
2. JURY: The decisions made by the judges of the competition are final and are not subject to query, review or appeal. During the competition, contestants should not make any personal contact with the competition judges. Violation of this rule may result in disqualification.
3. MISCELLANEOUS: The competition will be open to the public with the masks and Covid 19 vaccination card. Audio/video recording is not permitted during the competition. If contestant is late for the scheduled time, he/she will forfeit his/her place in the competition. If unusual circumstances prevail, the date/time and location of the competition are subject to change.
4. NOTIFICATION: Only winners will receive notification email. Judge’s comments may be available by request and will be emailed to contestants within one week after the competition.
5. AWARDS: Grand-prize winner of each division will be featured in the Century Opera concert on December 4, 2021 at The Concert Hall at Liederkranz of the City of New York in 6 East 87th Street New York, NY 10128*.
* Each performer is entitled to two complimentary tickets to the concert. All performers are responsible for their own travel and lodging.