POSTMARK DEADLINE for applications: Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Application forms, complete information on our website: http://www.theamericanprize.org/vocalperf.html
National Competitions in art song & oratorio, opera & operetta, based on recorded performances (CD, DVD or online links)
Also: Chicago Oratorio Award—selecting soloists for the Brahms Requiem (performance in May 2016.)
WHY do SO MANY classical VOCALISTS participate multiple years in The American Prize contests?
* No live competition. The American Prize judges recorded performance only.
* No age limits.
* Separate divisions for professional, college/university, community,
or high school age artists.
* Few repertoire restrictions.
* Expert written evaluations to all contestants who rank "finalist" or higher.
* MET Opera artists among our judges
* Personalized certificates to all participants.
* Personalized press releases for winners & runners-up sent to your professional contacts.
* Cash prizes up to $500.
* Published timelines for the announcement of semi-finalists, finalists and winners.
* 1-page application form.
* Low application fees.
* Not-for-profit organization.
Read a sample evaluation by JAY WHITE, eight year veteran of CHANTICLEER: http://theamericanprize.blogspot.com/2012/01/jay-white-formerly-of-chanticleer-and.html
The American Prize is more than monetary. Laureates of The American Prize at all levels of achievement derive local, regional and national recognition to help generate jobs, build audiences and sustain careers.
The American Prize provides evaluation, recognition and reward to America's finest performing artists, ensembles and composers and has welcomed applications from 49 U.S. states, and from U.S. citizens across the globe.