Hawaii Performing Arts Festival
Vocal Program 2020
This application closed on Wednesday April 1, 2020.
2020 Summer Festival
AS ONE (Kaminsky, Campbell, Reed)
ACIS AND GALATEA (Handel)
CAROUSEL (Rodgers & Hammerstein)
THE THREEPENNY OPERA (Weill)
For either live or recorded auditions, you must submit the following:
DEVELOPING SINGER & PROFESSIONAL FELLOW APPLICANTS:
- Baroque Aria (Handel, preferred)
- Classical Musical Theatre Selection (Kurt Weil or R&H, preferred)
- Contemporary American Aria (only for baritones & mezzos wishing to be considered for As One)
- Contrasting Aria of Choice
DEVELOPING SINGER & PROFESSIONAL FELLOW APPLICANTS (who are only auditioning for Carousel and/or Threepenny):
- Classical Musical Ballad Up-Tempo
- Classical Musical Theatre Ballad
- Contrasting Selection of Choice
* Kurt Weill or R&H is strongly encouraged for at least one selection.
* No musical theatre cuts will be permitted. Full selections, only.
* Legit sopranos specifically auditioning for the role of Lucy in Threepenny should showcase a sustained High C in their offerings.
YOUNG SINGER APPLICANTS
- Two songs in contrasting styles (musical theatre, classical, or non-classical)
CASTING DECISIONS: The first round of offers will be made following the final round of live auditions on December 13, 2019. All video submissions received by that time will also be considered for priority casting. Following December 13, all applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until all roles have been filled. Those artists wishing to be considered for fellowships and scholarships are encouraged to apply by December 13.
Please contact Shayna Leahy at email@example.com with any questions regarding this application. For technical help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.