Applicants must be United States citizens or have the right to work in the United States. Non-U.S. citizens must send a photocopy of right-to-work documentation. (Note: Canadians may gain the right to work by joining Canadian Federation of Musicians and applying for a P2 Visa. This process is completed after succesfully securing a contract with The Glimmerglass Festival and will be done at your own expense).
Coach/Accompanists: Please upload two audio and/or video files which show you in collaboration with one of more singers, made within 12 months of the application deadline.
Conductors: Please upload three video files which show your work within 12 months of the application deadline.
Applications without audio and/or video submissions will not be considered for an audition.
If you are selected for a live audition, please prepare all of the following selections.
1. Any 3 to 5 minute solo piano piece of your choice (memorization not required).
2. Bernstein’s West Side Story, from Act I "The Dance at the Gym" beginning at measure 9 in section 4B (Mambo), and playing to the end of section 4C (Cha-Cha).
Sing and Play:
3. Puccini, La bohéme from Act I - Beginning to the entrance of Benoit (#17)
4. Mozart, Marriage of Figaro Finale, Act 2 - From the entrance of Antonio (Allegro molto, M. 467)
5. Stravinsky, The Rake's Progress from Act I, Scene III - "No Word from Tom" complete scene, beginning reh. #177 through the end of Act 1. (Anne Trulove)