Posts > Study in Italy's famed Musical City: Canta in Italia 2018

Study in Italy's famed Musical City: Canta in Italia 2018


June 4-30, 2018
Experience Tuscany
Now entering its 14th summer of study abroad, Canta in Italia (Sing in Italy) offer singers the unforgettable experience of living and studying in the beautiful Tuscan city of Lucca.  Located 45 minutes west of Florence, the city where opera was born, Lucca offers a small town experience with easy access to Italy's major cultural center. Puccini, Boccherini and Catalani were all born in Lucca, known throughout Italy as "the musical city". Lucca's renaissance architecture and medieval walls make this lovely town a popular Tuscan destination. From June 4 through June 30, students are immersed in Italian language and culture, and stimulated by an intensive course of vocal study and performance.

*Claudia Catania, Voice/Master Clinician
*Alan Held, Master clinician
*Pina Mozzani, Voice/Master Clinician
*Marie Allyn King, Stage Director
*Gabrieli Micheli, Stefano Adabbo, Marco Rimici, coaches
*Lorenzo Frassà, Italian 
*Pina Mozzani, Voice, Master Clinician/Opera Coach

•    Fill out online Canta in Italia audition form
•    Send by email or USPS two (2) letters of recommendation (can be from current voice teacher, stage director, acting teacher, etc.); and current resume and picture
•    Send by email link, two (2) Italian songs or arias, to Dr. Mozzani
•    Notification of program acceptance will begin November 30, 2017
•    Applications will be accepted through March 19, 2018; late fee of $400 will apply thereafter
•    Within 3 weeks of acceptance send  $300 of the program fee to secure your place in the program and reserve your housing.
•    Full payment must be received by March 19, 2018
•    Mail application materials and payments to:

Pina Mozzani, Area Director, Voice
Wichita State University
1845 Fairmount Box 53
Wichita, KS67260-0053
Phone: 316.978.6608     
Program fee includes:
•    Daily Voice Lessons and Coaching
•    Weekly Master Classes
•    Italian for Singers class (38 hours direct instruction)
•    Concerts of Staged Opera Scenes
•    Agent Seminar
•    Acting and Audition Classes
•    Trip to Arena di Verona and opera tickets
•    Day trip to Florence museums
•    Shared apartments in Lucca (includes kitchen)
•    Arrival and clsing Festa
•    Emergency Medical Insurance
•    Financial Aid
•    Students who are awarded financial aid are required to pay a minimum of 30% of the program fee by March 19, 2018. The completed Financial Aid Disbursement Form must be included with payment before the final payment deadline. Full payment of the remaining 70% of program fees is due April 20, 2018.
•    Apply on your campus immediately. Allow up to eight weeks for your financial aid request to be processed.

RSS Icon