Hawaii Performing Arts Festival
Vocal Program 2021
You must be signed in to complete this application or view your previously submitted application. Please login or create an account .
Deadline: Tuesday December 15, 2020
2021 Summer Festival
AS ONE (Kaminsky, Campbell, Reed)
CAROUSEL (Rodgers & Hammerstein)
THE THREEPENNY OPERA (Weill)
For either live or recorded auditions, you must submit the following:
DEVELOPING SINGER & PROFESSIONAL FELLOW APPLICANTS:
- Baroque Aria (Handel, preferred)
- Classical Musical Theatre Selection (Kurt Weil or R&H, preferred)
- Contemporary American Aria (only for baritones & mezzos wishing to be considered for As One)
- Contrasting Aria of Choice
DEVELOPING SINGER & PROFESSIONAL FELLOW APPLICANTS (who are only auditioning for Carousel and/or Threepenny):
- Classical Musical Theatre Up-Tempo
- Classical Musical Theatre Ballad
- Contrasting Selection of Choice
* Kurt Weill or R&H is strongly encouraged for at least one selection.
* No musical theatre cuts will be permitted. Full selections, only.
* Legit sopranos specifically auditioning for the role of Lucy in Threepenny should showcase a sustained High C in their offerings.
YOUNG SINGER APPLICANTS
- Two songs in contrasting styles (musical theatre, classical, or non-classical)
CASTING DECISIONS: All applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis, until all roles have been filled. Those artists wishing to be considered for fellowships and scholarships are encouraged to apply and submit supporting documentation as early as possible.
Please contact Shayna Leahy at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding this application. For technical help, please contact email@example.com.